Saturday, September 17, 2011

Babble

So, my friend has gone back to school. This is awesome.

He told me about a writing assignment where he has to write about smoking and drinking on campus, and why he would be for or against them. The interesting thing is that he has to advocate for one or the other, and at the same time see where the other side is coming from.

I thought that this was interesting, and was going to partake in the assignment myself, although it was going to be entirely for self-indulgent purposes. While hanging out with another friend this evening, I was inspired to do something better.

I'm going to take the stances a step farther, as I am apt to do with most situations. Instead of doing it for the topic of smoking and drinking on campus, I am going to be comparing the New King James version of the Bible with a Bible that was intended for children, and was published recently.

The reason for this is the fact that the small peoples' version of the Bible is intentionally leaving out a lot - certain key elements of stories - and I personally don't think that this is correct. I am going to compare what is written in one with what is written in the other.

I am going to do this because I need to formulate the opinion of whether I am for or against how they went about doing this. I will be taking Sunday (appropriately) to choose a few books of the Bible and read them side by side to see how they differentiate, if at all, and then I am going to recount my experience to you all.

The entry for that should be done by Monday.

I look forward to the experience.

No comments: