Thursday, February 09, 2012

Dusty

Now, I'm not entirely certain what has gotten into me lately that I haven't been having the usual flashes of inspiration to write in this blog like I was for a while there. I'd really like to say that I've been doing better things with my time, but that's just simply not true. The truth of the matter is that I've been subjecting myself more and more to the human condition, as every once in a while I decide that I'm going to give it another go, regardless of the data collected from the last time I made such a decision.

The world is still interesting and people are still blissfully ignorant of it.

However, with each new jaunt or adventure or journey or trip or whatever the hell you want to refer to it as into the public that I take, I am finding more and more that we, as a society, are compartmentalizing ourselves. This, of course, feeds into Circle Logic, which I'm still working on fleshing out, but it's also quite disconcerting in the directions that it's taking.

For example, were you aware that there are large amounts of people out there who are rallying against you right now, in a bold yet arrogant attempt to make the things that they find morally reprehensible when it comes to decision-making completely illegal? I know, I know! It's crazy! Or "cray-cray," as the kids are saying these days.

Now, I know that I wrote about something like this not too terribly long ago, so I won't sit here and beat a dead horse. I'm just going to take a bit of time - as in basically the rest of this paragraph, this visual representation of millions upon millions of 0s and 1s, all being calculated at speeds that most of you ingrates can't even begin to comprehend - to talk about it a little more. Just because you think abortions are wrong, that doesn't mean that they should be made illegal. It's not murder when you do it during the first trimester. If you don't think that's true at all, consider that the brain isn't even formed yet, and without the brain, we don't even have a soul yet. So take your fullness of ego and self-righteousness and shove it up your rectal cavity, because I really am sick and tired of hearing what you have to say. It is rarely, if ever, contextual or even well thought out. It's actually reminiscent of listening to a lower-class Republican (read: ignorant redneck) defending the invasion of Iraq.

Moving on, I started a new writing project last night. I'm hoping that it bears some fruit and I can get past the first couple of chapters. I figure that if I can make it to a fifth chapter or whatever - or at least 4k words - I'll be alright. Will that happen? Probably not, because I'll end up finding something else with which to waste my time. Who knows? Maybe I will finish it up and post it somewhere for people to read and enjoy and loathe and so on. Maybe, maybe not.

Other than that, not much else to report. I just didn't feel like this blog not having an update - even a minor thing like this - once again for yet another month. There's just too much going on in my head and not enough patience in reserves for me to be able to get it all down to paper. I would really, really like that, but I'm also entirely too much of a goddamn realist to have any hope of that happening. Instead, I am fighting to get down as much as I can, and eventually I'll make sense of this jumbled mess of words, ideas, thoughts, emotions, concepts, contexts, and so on.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Might do something a little more serious later tonight.

No comments: