Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Basis

Okay. It's time to stop screwing around. I've talked about a lot in this blog, but I really want to start getting down to what really matters. To me, at least.

For the past year or so, I've been stewing on this idea; an idea that I believe can help others. This is why I vowed to start getting more personal, but shortly thereafter realized that I jumped the gun.

I just wasn't ready. I didn't have enough thought really put behind what I want to say, and, more importantly, how I want to say it.

What I really want to start talking about more in-depth is how I see things in this crazy yet wonderful world in which we live. I know it isn't perfect, but I've come to see just how great a place this really is, and I want to share it with you all. The only way I know how to do that is through this blog, really.

I want to begin with a basic concept of I view society, and start breaking it down from there. When I had originally written this out in a rough draft form, it was entirely too long for one post. We're talking about seven times pressing the Page Down button on a WordPad file with 10 point font size.

Talk about your classic case of TL;DR (that's "too long; didn't read" for those that don't know acronyms).

The basic visualization of it all comes down to a series of circles. It starts with concentric circles, a small one in the middle and slowly spreading out, not much unlike ripples in a pond.




The circles represent the different tiers of us as a people, and also places us where we stand consciously. As I continue on with my explanation of my point of view of society, life, love, consciousness, faith, and so on, I'm hoping to help anybody else reading this to figure out where they really stand. You may just find that after looking at things from this perspective, you don't really stand where you think you do.

The center circle represents the people who fit in with other categories in society. We'll talk more about those sub-categories later, but for right now, let's keep things simple by keeping this in the context of broad generalization.

The people in this circle have large groups that they can feel comfortable around, and those people share certain - or even many - points of view with the individual. These people are the ones that, for want of a better term and my own lack of creativity when it comes to nomenclature, I call "Normals."

The next circle out, we have the types of people that I refer to as "Half-Normals," as they aren't quite good enough to be with the other Normals, but they don't share the qualities of the third circle. They are the people that aren't exactly with the Outcasts, either. They are somewhere in-between, and are typically comprised of the youthful.

The next edge of the circle is where I call the "Fringe." This is where people go when they have become Outcasts from the other two circles. These people aren't necessarily bad, though. They just have nowhere else to go.

The next circle out is No Man's Land, because you have to be in a really bad spot to be here. You have basically decided to Hell with anybody and everybody else, you're only going to do your own thing. We have all either been here, or felt like we were there at some point in our lives. The people who are in this Circle either don't care, or don't want to be there to begin with.

Again, that's something else we'll talk more about in a little while.

Beyond No Man's Land is Void. There is literally nothing there, because existence as we know it ceases to be in that area. It is absolute zero, if you will. There is no conscious thought, response to stimuli, no awareness.... nothing. I do not believe it possible to be here without being dead, or having come into existence.

As I said earlier, these are all very, very broad generalizations. I'm not going to go further into it now, as I really want you all to just start getting the basis of the concept down. Start thinking about where you believe you stand with the Circles as I have explained them so far. What kind of self-image do you have, and believe that you portray?

Have you ever even thought about it?

Chances are, you have at one time or another, but I'm willing to bet that it was only fleeting. My thought is that one of the biggest hurdles that we face in society and living better lives all-around is that nobody is really sure of who they are, or what they stand for. They have gut feelings, sure, but in the end, we're all kind of running around, all crazy-like, without a clue as to who we really are, or what we're even doing in life.

I've gotten it figured it out for myself, and I want to help anybody else that I can do the same.

No comments: